This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
My baby just turned 1. To celebrate, we had small party with family and friends.
He received many gifts — most of which were new toys for him to play with.
Among the newly acquired “baby entertainment treasures” was the Fisher Price Laugh And Learn Crawl Around Car.
He loves anything with wheels, a steering wheel and/or holes to put objects in — so this adorable stationary car with a swinging door was a perfect gift at this stage in my baby’s development!
The Fisher Price Crawl Around Car required some assembly — but I was able to put it together and apply the stickers easily in under 15 minutes.
My baby played with the components right out of the box — even while I was assembling it. He was very interested in the Fisher Price car itself, and he even opened the swinging door and put himself in the driver’s seat!
This stationary car comes fully loaded with learning and play activities on the inside and on the outside of the crawl around car.
It’s recommended for babies/toddlers 6 months to 36 months of age.
What We Like Best About The Fisher Price Crawl Around Car
What’s not to like about a baby-sized car with lots of bells and whistles!
This crawl around car keeps my baby entertained with lots of physical activities — both inside and outside of the car.
Here are some of the fun features:
- The Fisher Price Laugh And Learn Crawl Around Car is battery-powered with interactive lights and sounds on the dashboard. For example, the dashboard includes a light-up baby GPS, a steering wheel with a horn to honk, a gear shifter, an ignition, a radio with different buttons & sounds… and more.
- The car has over 75 songs, tunes and phrases, and 2 volume levels.
- The Fisher Price Laugh And Learn Car has a gas cap which can be turned to make a clicking noise.
- The windshield on the Fisher Price Crawl Around Car has a moving weather dial and an alphabet display.
- There is a ball ramp on the closed door side — which can be accessed from the outside or inside of the car. There are 3 different colored balls included.
- The swinging door on the Fisher Price Crawl Around Car allows baby to open and close the door on their own. My baby loves the swinging door action!
- The swinging car door also has 3 holes of different shapes on the outside: a circle, a triangle, and a square. There are coordinating shaped pieces to drop into the matching holes. Then, baby has to retrieve these pieces from the inside part of the door after they’re dropped in.
- The car is fun and interactive with activities that help with a baby’s physical development — so your baby will continue to enjoy this car as they grow and develop in various stages.
- The Fisher Price Crawl Around Car comes with 3 “smart stages”. You select the level of learning content as your baby grows. It’s nice to have the different levels to choose from — because every baby is different and develops at their own pace.
- The rear wheels spin, and they have a smooth indent for small fingers and easy spinning. All of the wheels feature the numbers 1 through 10 on them.
The Bottom Line…
My baby really likes his Fisher Price Crawl Around Car!
The only negative thing (which I discovered after assembly) was the very faint sound volume — even on the higher setting. The small speaker is pointed down under the dash, so you have to be in a quiet room to hear the tunes, phrases, and sounds.
I have read another review complaining of the same issue — so I believe we just happened to both get a defective dashboard.
I called Fisher Price Customer service at (800) 432-5437 and they were happy to issue a replacement voucher. I was pleasantly surprised with their whole customer service experience.
In just 1 year, we are bursting at the seams with toys my baby has already acquired. Not sure how this happened, as I feel like I have only purchased a few personally.
Although it’s nice to have options — since babies get bored of toys so easily — we have discovered there are already “too many toys”. It’s a reality that we are currently facing and looking for ways to manage.
My baby is definitely drawn to toys with wheels and moving parts — so we will see how long the Fisher Price Laugh And Learn Crawl Around Car keeps him entertained.
So far, it has kept him busy for 15- to 20-minute intervals at a time. As a full time stay/work at home mom, having your baby distracted for even a few minutes of “baby free time” always feels like a win.
Here is our video review of the Fisher Price Crawl Around Car — so you can “see” some of the things that we’ve mentioned above:
I’m a new mom. I work from home and I write — mostly about my outdoor adventures, DIY projects, newly discovered products, and helpful tips as a first-time mom. I also like to share details about the alternative choices I’m exploring as I enjoy this journey called motherhood. My family includes a toddler, 2 stepchildren, 1 dog, 1 cat, and a wonderful husband. My pre-pregnancy life was full of freedom and adventure, so I have a fresh new perspective when it comes to walking away from a career to become a full time stay-at-home Mama.