We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Then, after you become pregnant, there are a whole host of other things that you should start doing.
Here are some of the ways that you will need to modify your day-to-day life…
To Do Before You Get Pregnant
Planning and doing these things now will help to ensure that you have a happy healthy pregnancy, as well as a happy and healthy baby:
- Get healthy. Change your diet if necessary and start exercising if you aren’t already.
- Start taking a prenatal vitamin that has folic acid. Folic acid prevents neural tube birth defects. Ideally you should begin taking it at least 2 months prior to getting pregnant.
- Start learning your body so you know when you are fertile. If your periods are irregular, see your doctor. You may not be ovulating every month.
- Go to your doctor and have a physical to assess your general health .
- Talk to your doctor about any medications you are taking regularly in case some substitutions need to be made.
- Find out about your family history and any genetic problems you may need to be aware of.
- Get your immunizations up to date.
- Call your insurance company and make sure you will covered when you become pregnant.
- Relax. It can take up to year to achieve pregnancy.
If you’re planning for your pregnancy early, then you’re probably wondering what you will really need to buy once you’re pregnant.
From one pregnant woman to another, there are 5 things that you simply cannot do without once you become pregnant (and maybe even before!).
Check out Meredith’s Top 5 Things Every Pregnant Woman Needs To Buy.
Better yet, there are lots of free pregnancy and baby things that you might want to take advantage of right now!
To Do After You Become Pregnant
There’s no time like the present to get yourself ready for what life is going to be like after you become pregnant.
Staying as healthy as possible during your pregnancy is probably one of your most important goals. After all, the healthier you are, the more healthy your baby will be.
Here are 7 healthy pregnancy tips to help you keep that goal:
- If you smoke, stop smoking.
- Only eat another 200 to 300 calories more than you usually do when you’re not pregnant. Chances are, you may already be eating those extra calories too — so be sure to check before you add them!
- Take a good prenatal vitamin that also contains the minerals your pregnant body needs.
- Don’t drink alcohol. No one knows for sure how much alcohol is safe for pregnant women to drink. No matter what someone says, it’s best not to drink at all.
- Get 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day.
- Minimize your exposure to toxins such as paint, bleach, and even air freshners which can have breathable toxins such as silica.
- If you’re feeling stressed, consider bach flower remedies and other holistic options to help you manage your stress.
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.