We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are an estimated 67.8 million fathers across our nation.
With that being said, there is no wonder why Father’s Day is the 4th largest card sending occasion with approximately 95 million cards sent to fathers each year.
Not to mention the fact that more collect calls are made on Father’s Day than on any other day of the year.
Aside from the collect calls and Father’s Day cards, the most common and most famous Father’s Day gift is, of course, the necktie.
However, none of those gifts would be right to give a NEW dad!
Being a first-time dad is not only exciting and exhausting, but it’s also a special time of pride, joy, and love.
So why not go the extra mile this year for his first Father’s Day by celebrating with unique gifts and doing fun things that a brand new dad would enjoy most of all?
Here are the best gift ideas and fun things to do for the new dad on his first Father’s Day…
Unique Gifts For Hist First Father’s Day
- Picture Frame — It’s a simple, yet heart-warming gift that will capture the love between a new father and his baby. You can decorate your own frame or get the frame personalized. Either way, be sure to include a picture of dad and his firstborn together.
- Scrapbook — Making a scrapbook is a creative way to show your love and appreciation for dad. In it, you can include photos, mementos from special occasions, or just handwritten memories. Here’s how to make a Father’s Day scrapbook page.
- Personalized Photo Collage Puzzle — The concept behind this gift is a jigsaw puzzle that is created from a collage of photos taken during your child’s first year. It’s a great gift for new dads because it’s unique, thoughtful, and everyone will enjoy bringing the collage to life piece-by-piece to see the finished product.
- Shutterfly Father’s Day Gifts — They have a lot of unique things you can do for the first-time dad online. You can share photos with the whole family, you can blog about important events coming up or news, and if the new dad is away, he can still access the site and stay updated with everything. You can even make a tribute album, a digital brag book, and lots more!
- Baby Handprints & Footprints — A handprint or footprint of the baby made in plaster (or cement) is often called a memory stone. It’s a keepsake that will last forever. If done in cement, you could even make a large stepping stone for the garden! You can decorate it any way you like — just allow enough time for the plaster or cement to dry first. There are lots of different baby handprint & footprint kits to choose from.
- Coupon Book — A coupon book for the new dad is a fun gift that can be used all year long. It can include coupons for specials days that you and he can enjoy together, things that he and the baby can use, or just a day for himself. Include fun activities that he enjoys or things that you know he will like — just be creative!
- Books — One or two fun books for new dads will let him know that he’s not alone and that it’s possible to see humor in almost every aspect of parenting. Bill Cosby’s “Fatherhood” is a great choice, as are practical guide books for new dads, or any number of other humorous books about fatherhood.
- Father’s Day Video — You could make a Father’s Day video for the new dad in your life — which would be a fun and very creative gift idea. Include pictures of dad and his firstborn on the day they first met, along with fun photos of the 2 of them throughout the year, and even some of dad’s favorite songs. Here are a couple great examples of Father’s Day videos:
Fun Things To Do For A New Dad’s First Father’s Day
- Day Off For Dad — With a new baby, free time is not always possible. So a day off for dad is a great way to let him get some rest & relaxation. He can enjoy a day by himself, watch his favorite sports or TV shows, or whatever else he wants to do on his first Father’s Day.
- Breakfast In Bed — This is not only a mother’s favorite thing to get, but a father’s favorite too. Making & serving breakfast in bed doesn’t have to be a huge, stressful ordeal. You could make a simple breakfast with a couple of his favorite foods, or just stop by the local bakery for some fresh muffins. Here are some fun ideas for making his first Father’s Day breakfast in bed.
- Day Of Fun With Dad — Enjoy a day with the new dad. Take this time to go out and do whatever he wants to do. His favorite hobbies or interests are now yours for the day. This will show him not only that you support what he likes, but that you love spending time with him.
- Clean His Car — What man doesn’t love a nice, clean car? Go ahead, clean his car inside and out (you may want to have it professionally done, rather than do it yourself), remove all the baby stuff, and let him cruise in style. (He might even let you go too!)
- Picnic With Dad — Plan a nice, quiet picnic in the park for his first Father’s Day. Pack his favorite foods and snacks to enjoy a simple picnic with the ones he loves most.
- Adventure & Experience Gifts — More than simply a gift, give dad the opportunity to participate in a one-of-a-kind experience that he will never forget! Some examples include: take dad on a hot air balloon ride, skydiving, fly an airplane, drive a race car, or go jet boating — just to name a few. Just pick the adrenaline-filled experience of a lifetime that you think he will enjoy the most. One thing’s for sure, he will never forget his first Father’s Day!
More Ideas For Celebrating Dad’s First Father’s Day
- Frugal Father’s Day Gift Ideas From Readers
- 10 Best Father’s Day Gifts For New Dads
- More Unique Father’s Day Gift Ideas
- Great Gifts For The New Dad
- Fun Ideas For His First Father’s Day
- Great Gift Ideas For Dad’s First Father’s Day
- First Time Dad Gift Ideas
- 4 Types Of Gifts For His First Father’s Day
I’m currently a graduate student. I like volunteering with a variety of organizations in my community, spending time with my nieces, and sharing fun tips about health & beauty issues.