In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Everyone loves babies.
And everyone wants to buy lots of cute baby things.
Because of this, it’s easy to end up with a lot of baby stuff before your baby is even born!
If you’re pregnant and trying to:
- be more frugal
- make do with what you have
- keep your life free of clutter
…what in the world are you supposed to do with all that baby stuff you receive as gifts?
How to Reduce Baby Clutter
You don’t realize how quickly all of the baby gear, baby clothes, and baby toys add up… until you’ve had a child.
Here are 7 ways to control baby clutter.
A few of my favorites from that list are:
- Don’t have a baby shower if you don’t want one. If you have a relative or friend that insists, ask for there to be a theme so you get things you really want & need.
- Purchase items as you need them, not in anticipation of needing them.
- Take back unwanted items that you received as gifts, and exchange them for wanted items that you really need.
- Donate items that you don’t want to charity, or sell them on eBay or Craigslist.
Try to stick to the bare necessities when it comes to buying baby things.
And encourage your friends to do the same!
How To Reduce Toddler Toy Clutter
We all know the problem doesn’t get any better once your kids start collecting toys — and more toys — throughout the years.
Kids of all ages tend to have too much stuff.
Here are 8 solutions for reducing toy clutter.
Speaking Of Kiddie Clutter…
Wondering how long you should hold on to all of the baby things you’ve acquired?
There comes a point when even your youngest child has outgrown the baby clothes and baby gear.
Here’s one mom’s advice for how long to keep baby clothes and baby gear after your child has outgrown them.
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.