This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
My baby is 14 months old now. He is still breastfeeding, but self feeds and partakes in all of the family meals too. The baby led weaning worked remarkably fast, and now he basically eats whatever we eat.
We used the Bumbo multi seat for about 8 months, until I decided it was time for a more sturdy high chair — because he’s growing so fast. The Bumbo seat served its purpose, but I wanted a more versatile high chair to get baby closer to the action in the kitchen.
The Stokke is popularity because of its sleek, Scandinavian design. It’s a wooden high chair that is widely used across Europe. I was really attracted to a Stokke, but definitely willing to consider something similar without the hefty price tag of a Stokke.
A Stokke high chair can cost between $300 to $500 retail after you piece together the chair, the cushions, the tray, and the baby set attachments. I just wasn’t willing to shell out those kind of dollars for a high chair — no matter how much I wanted it!
The Keekaroo is a great substitute for the Stokke because — much like the Stokke — your baby simply cannot outgrow the Keekaroo high chair.
Plus, I instantly loved how it can match any decor and doesn’t stand out like a typical, obvious high chair.
My Favorite Keekaro Height Right High Chair Features
These are the Keekaroo high chair features I like the best:
- The Keekaroo is a wooden high chair with a plant-based lacquer finish. It’s available in multiple wood colors — to match your existing decor.
- The Keekaroo Height Right high chair is designed to push the seat right up to the table, without the tray. This allows baby to sit at the table.
- The Keekaroo high chair can be used from 6 months of age to up to 250 lbs!
- The Keekaroo Height Right chair includes a wooden tray (for play time), in addition to a BPA-free plastic tray cover (for meal time). The plastic tray washes easily and is also dishwasher safe.
- There is a crotch restraint and 3-point safety belt.
- The Keekaroo provides a safe seat for your child during mealtime and is JPMA certified to the highest ASTM standards for the safety of your child.
- The Keekaroo high chair has an incredibly sturdy base — to resist tipping.
- The chair has a depth- and height-adjustable seat and footplate to provide the best possible seating posture.
- The footplate eventually can turn into a seat plate — once your child’s feet touch the ground. Eventually, the chair can be used as an extra chair — which even an adult can use!
- The Keekaroo Height Right high chair comes with everything you need: chair, tray, cushion, harness… and at a reasonable price point.
- The cushion, tray, straps, and chair all wipe clean with ease.
My First Impressions Of Keekaroo’s Seat Height
When I first got the Keekaroo high chair, I was able to set it up to fit my baby quite easily — adjusting the footplate to where his feet rest comfortably.
Initially, when I first sat my baby in it, I thought the overall seat height may have been too short for our intended needs of wanting to bring him closer to the action in the kitchen — because we mostly use our kitchen peninsula with bar stools as our main dining area. (We dine at the kitchen table for dinner once a week or whenever we have guests.)
The Keekaroo is perfect when it’s being used at table height.
I had considered purchasing a Kaboost portable chair booster for it — which basically attaches to the bottom of any chair to raise the seat height. But now, after using the Keekaroo every day since we brought it home, I feel like it is quite perfect the way it is!
How We Use The Keekaroo Chair
My baby enjoys sitting in it. The Keekaroo Height Right chair is used multiple times a day in our home.
Mostly, I use the Keekaroo Height Right high chair with my baby seated in it — right in the middle of the kitchen as I prepare meals or do kitchen clean up.
He entertains himself with snacks while watching me work. It’s clear that he is most happy when he is closest to the action. I think using a high chair like the Keekaroo is a great way to keep your baby safe and close by — especially while cooking and preparing meals.
I also feed the 2 dogs and 2 cats their special meals while baby is seated in his Keekaroo — so I don’t have to worry about him bothering the pets while they eat.
The Keekaroo’s seat height is the exact same height as one of our swivel pub chairs at our kitchen peninsula. Although baby doesn’t sit as high as he did with the Bumbo at the peninsula, it still works perfectly fine at the counter height too.
Knowing that my baby is safe and secure while seated in the Keekaroo is really what is most important to me.
We never had an issue with the Bumbo seat attached to the pub chair, but I never really felt comfortable leaving my baby seated in it if I had to step away from his side momentarily.
I’ve discovered another great use for this high chair… Some nights, we like to order pizza or take out and watch one of our favorite shows on TV while eating dinner. The Keekaroo high chair works awesome for a TV dinner night — because it keeps baby and food contained in one area of the living room where we watch TV.
I am definitely a fan of the Keekaroo. It’s such a useful tool to help you keep baby near the center of household food activities!
My Video Review of The Keekaroo High Chair
Here is our video review of the Keekaroo Height Right high chair — so you can see some of the features I’ve mentioned above:
I’m a new mom. I work from home and I write — mostly about my outdoor adventures, DIY projects, newly discovered products, and helpful tips as a first-time mom. I also like to share details about the alternative choices I’m exploring as I enjoy this journey called motherhood. My family includes a toddler, 2 stepchildren, 1 dog, 1 cat, and a wonderful husband. My pre-pregnancy life was full of freedom and adventure, so I have a fresh new perspective when it comes to walking away from a career to become a full time stay-at-home Mama.