But the fact is you can contract a sexually transmitted disease, if you’re not careful and/or not in a committed relationship where both partners are monogamous.
There are 3 ways to avoid contracting an STD while pregnant:
- Abstain from sex.
- Only have sex within a mutually monogamous relationship where you know your partner is clean (because he’s been tested).
- Use condoms when having sex.
STD’s can harm your baby in the following ways. The baby could:
- be stillborn
- have a low birth weight
- be born with conjunctivitis, pneumonia, deafness, blindness, hepatitis, meningitis, or liver disease
- be born with several other problems
For these reasons it’s important to avoid getting STD’s when you’re pregnant.
More Info About STD’s While Pregnant
- Pregnancy & Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- STD’s and Pregnancy
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases & Pregnancy
- Can Pregnant Women Become Infected With STD’s?
Some of my favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with living green, saving money, pregnancy, weddings, and dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.