We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
When you’re overweight, it can be even more of a challenge because of the danger of gestational diabetes and other health concerns.
In case you’re wondering, here’s the recommended pregnancy weight gain for most women.
Now, check out these helpful tips for plus size moms-to-be:
- Eat 1,800 to 2,400 calories a day by having 3 regular meals and 2 snacks.
- Start a food diary and stick to it. This will help you to keep track of what you’re eating.
- Stay away from fruit juices and sweetened drinks.
- Your weight gain doesn’t have to start until your second trimester
- Get at least 15 minutes of exercise daily. Just a short 15-minute walk can do wonders.
- Stay away from simple sugars. Instead, consume complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Consume healthy snacks that are high in protein.
- Consume 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Attempt to eat 25 to 30 grams of fiber every day.
More great tips for overweight moms-to-be:
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.