In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Halloween fun doesn’t have to end because you are pregnant.
If you wish, you can work with your pregnant belly to help create an awesome Halloween costume this year!
Following are some pregnancy and maternity Halloween costumes you may want to consider.
Many of these you can make yourself — all it would take is a couple of items that you probably have around the house already.
#1 – Mother Nature Costume
This costume can be created in a few different ways:
- You can use a green dress or shirt (as shown in the photo) and add an image of the Earth to the front over the belly. Add flowers and makeup and you are done.
- You can also take a more simple approach with flowering vines draped over a toga and a little sash that says “Mother Nature”.
- Or, you could just purchase a Mother Nature costume.
#2 – The Pregnant Nun Costume
This is an irreverent and off-color costume. If you wear this, you need to make sure the other people at your party have a good sense of humor and are not easily offended. Chances are, you can pick up a nun costume and priest costume or Bishop costume at your local costume rental shop.
#3 – Santa Costume
If you want to keep the pregnancy low-key, a Santa Claus costume is a good way to do it. Your pregnant belly will fill the costume and no one will know if it is real stuffing or not. Costume shops have Santa Claus costumes regularly available.
#4 – A Shotgun Bride
This is a fun costume and quite easy to make. All you need is a veil and a white dress. (It also helps if you have an imposing looking man carrying a shotgun with you.) Of course, you could also purchase a bride costume at the local costume shop or online.
#5 – Beer Belly Costume
The beer belly is also an easy costume to pull off when you’re pregnant. All you need is manly looking clothes — such as jeans and a flannel shirt — with a sleeveless undershirt, a short wig, a baseball cap and your pregnant belly.
Even More Pregnant Halloween Costumes
In addition to these fun and easy-to-find (or make yourself) costumes, here are some places to find other ideas for a pregnant Halloween costume:
- About.com has a cool gallery of Halloween costumes for pregnant women. Some of the ideas pictured there include painting the belly as a pumpkin or basketball, or wearing a Scooby Doo costume.
- Check out these 8 fun pregnancy Halloween costume ideas. You’ll get some attention with these: a bun in the oven, a flapper, a beach ball, a pea in a pod, and more.
- Here are the top 20 pregnant Halloween costumes — a slideshow from Parents.com. See why each was chosen and tips for how to make it yourself.
- Amazon has several pages of maternity Halloween costumes to choose from — including: a baker/chef/cook, an angel, a devil, a pirate, a funny tourist, and a hillbilly honeymoon bride, among others.
- How about a pregnant skeleton costume? This DIY pregnancy costume is too cute… and you can even make a matching husband skeleton costume too!
- Keep in mind, some everyday costumes look just as good if not better in the pregnant version. Think: a fairy or princess. You’ll certainly attract a lot of smiles.
- Check out these 25 pregnancy Halloween costume ideas for inspiration when making your costume this year.
- A fun list of 33 creative Halloween costumes for pregnant women – many of which you can make yourself.
- Here are Halloween costume ideas for pregnant women on Pinterest.
- A gallery of the coolest DIY maternity Halloween costumes – great for inspiration!
I have been a certified tightwad since I became pregnant with my first child and decided to find a way to stay home with him. I enjoy sharing my experiences in my journey back to financial health and planning for a future — which will include sending 2 kids to college and early retirement.