We write about products and services that we use. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Hot. Humid. Heavy.
All 3 describe what it feels like to be pregnant in July.
Since we can’t all crank the thermostat down to 65 degrees, here are some tips for feeling cool and comfortable during a summer pregnancy.
You can’t help it!
Pregnant women feel hot from the inside out.
It’s critical we stay cool, for baby’s sake.
I’m sweating right along with you! Here are some survival strategies that are helping me stay cool in this hot hot pregnancy.
Running Errands During A Summer Pregnancy:
- Keep drinking your water. Your baby’s swimming in fluid!
- Pour a healthy cold smoothie in an insulated car cup.
- Shop early in the morning or after dinner, when the sun goes down.
- Consider online grocery shopping with drive-thru pickup.
What To Wear In A Summer Pregnancy:
- Cotton is your friend. Pack the spandex-stretch maternity pants for fall.
- Large brimmed hats are a must for pool time, or you risk dark patches of melasma.
- Loose sandals can be slipped on and off to prevent swelling.
- Slip on that maternity swimsuit and head for the pool! Nothing like natural buoyancy to make you feel cool and energized.
Good Night’s Sleep For A Summer Pregnancy:
- Find some thin cotton nightgowns for comfortable rest.
- Oscillate a standing fan near the bed.
- Get your husband a pair of flannel PJs to compensate!
How are you staying cool and pregnant this summer?
I’m a wife, mom of 4, and resident of Brentwood, Tennessee. I love finding fun new things for my family to see and do in Brentwood and the Nashville area! In addition to writing about Brentwood, I also spent a year blogging at The Fun Times Guide about my pregnancy with baby #3.