In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products & services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
As you know, women come in all shapes and sizes.
Unfortunately, not all stores that sell maternity clothes seem to be aware of this.
Finding shops that sell plus size maternity clothes can be difficult, but it’s not impossible.
Where To Buy Plus Size Maternity Clothing
For the best stores — both online and offline — that sell plus size maternity clothing, check out this list of The Best Places To Buy Plus Size Maternity Clothes.
Two of the places from that list that aren’t too expensive and they happen to have some very pretty plus size maternity clothes:
How To Look Great In Plus Size Maternity Clothing
So, now you know where to find the most attractive and best-priced plus size maternity clothing, now it’s time for some style advice.
A couple of great tips for wearing plus sized maternity clothing:
- Choose empire waist tops. The waist will be right beneath your breasts, while the bottom part billows out around you — giving you lots of room for the growing baby.
- Select clothes that have busy patterns. These might be floral patterns (which are popular right now) or even paisley, polka dot, and striped patterns.
And some of the best tips for choosing plus size maternity clothing are:
- For outer clothing, choose fabrics such as Lycra, and Spandex — because they stretch.
- For underwear, choose loose-fitting, rather than tight-fitting.
- Talk to your friends about their maternity clothes. You may be able to borrow some of their plus size maternity clothing — thus saving you money.
My favorite things to write about are topics that have to do with pregnancy, weddings, saving money, living green, and life with dogs. When I’m not writing, I love to spend time with my husband, read, create 3D artwork and Native American beadwork.